Music legend Paul McCartney joins bill for BBC Electric Proms 2007
Five-days, eight venues and more than 80 artists
The BBC today confirmed that Sir Paul McCartney will be performing at this year's BBC Electric Proms.
Sir Paul will be playing at Camden's world famous Roundhouse on 25 October 2007, the second night of the five-day festival.
Other artists already confirmed include Mark Ronson, The Kaiser Chiefs, Jamie Cullum and Sigur Ros.
Festival Director Lorna Clarke added: "It is a real coup to have a true legend and one of the world's most creative artists performing for us at the festival.
"We are delighted that he has embraced the spirit of what the Electric Proms are all about – creating new moments in music – I can't wait to hear what he has come up with."
Paul McCartney's performance will be shown on BBC Two and available to view at bbc.co.uk/electricproms.
Tickets will be on sale from 12 September 2007. For further ticket information and transmission details please visit:
Electric Proms information hotline: 08703 333 432
Mini-Com: 020 7485 9009
Notes to Editors
- BBC Electric Proms is a five-day festival featuring music and film taking place in Camden, London.
- Venues include The Roundhouse, The Barfly, KOKO, The Electric Ballroom, The Jazz Café, Dingwalls and Cecil Sharp House.
- Tickets for the festival go on sale on 12 September 2007 at noon.
- There will be a very restricted number of reduced price tickets (£5) that will be made available in the week of the festival.
- Last year over 250,000 people visited the Electric Proms website with over 850,000 requests to watch performances.
- Electric Proms will be broadcast across BBC Radio 1, 2, 3, 1Xtra, 6 Music, the Asian Network and BBC World Service.
- There will be televised highlights broadcast on BBC Two with more performance available via the red button service for digital television customers.
- bbc.co.uk/electricproms will carry extensive coverage of the five-day festival and will offer comprehensive listings of what is being broadcast when, during and after the festival.