Doctors in Argentina have found it helpful as a rehabilitation technique for patients getting over heart surgery or coronary problems.
According to the stats, only 15% of patients turn up for traditional recovery programmes.
Doctors hope free tango lessons will be more attractive than a session on a treadmill.
O tango já foi descrito como uma tristeza que se pode dançar. Mas agora o ritmo está sendo usado como terapia médica.
Médicos na Argentina descobriram que o tango é útil como técnica de reabilitação para pacientes em recuperação de cirurgias cardíacas ou problemas coronários.
Segundo as estatísticas, apenas 15% dos pacientes seguem os programas tradicionais de recuperação.
Os médicos esperam que aulas grátis de tango sejam mais atraentes que uma sessão de esteira rolante.
sorrow - sadness
rehabilitation - process of recovery
coronary - relating to the veins around the heart
stats - short form of ‘statistics’
treadmill - machine in a gym which people run or walk on to exercise
Use one of the words or phrases below to complete each of these sentences from BBC news reports.
Note that you may have to change the form of a word to complete the sentence correctly.
sorrow / rehabilitation / coronary / stats / treadmill
1. Now a specialist spinal injury and __________ centre, it describes itself as the only independent unit of its kind in the UK.
2. We are in deep __________ because of her sudden unexpected death.
3. Dr Freddy Patel said Mr Tomlinson, who was pushed to the ground by a policeman at the G20 protests in London in 2009, had died of __________ artery disease.
4. Participants exercise on a static bike or __________ while watching video clips of different environments, including some from the county.
5. And I would agree that recorded crime __________ are not the best measure of crime trends.
1. Now a specialist spinal injury and rehabilitation centre, it describes itself as the only independent unit of its kind in the UK.
Source: Royal Buckinghamshire Hospital staff 'not getting pay'
2. We are in deep sorrow because of her sudden unexpected death.
Source: Romanian pianist Mihaela Ursuleasa dies aged 33
3. Dr Freddy Patel said Mr Tomlinson, who was pushed to the ground by a policeman at the G20 protests in London in 2009, had died of coronary artery disease.
Source: Dr Freddy Patel labelled 'misleading' over Tomlinson case
4. Participants exercise on a static bike or treadmill while watching video clips of different environments, including some from the county.
Source: Scientists study health benefits of Cornish coastline
5.And I would agree that recorded crime stats are not the best measure of crime trends
Source: Is Britain behaving better?
Esta página é melhor visualizada em um navegador atualizado e que permita o uso de linguagens de estilo (CSS). Com seu navegador atual, embora você seja capaz de ver o conteúdo da página, não poderá enxergar todos os recursos que ela apresenta. Sugerimos que você instale um navegados mais atualizado, compatível com a tecnologia.