Like this page?
Send it to a friend!
The quietly spoken Olav was the first person to qualify for the grand final of The People's Quiz. A self-confessed 'quiz prodigy', Olav was cool and calm during the show - and very, very fast on the buzzer!
We found out a bit more about this potential winner.
1. Olav Bjortomt is 28 years old.
2. He's a freelance journalist from Littlehampton, West Sussex.
3. He writes website reviews for the Times 2 supplement every weekday and also sets the weekday quizzes.
4. Olav's Mum is Filipino and his Dad is Norwegian. He has two younger sisters (14 & 20) and a younger brother (26).
5. He has a History degree and a Postgraduate Diploma in Newspaper Journalism from Nottingham Trent University, and is proud of having won more Student Journalism Awards in one year than anyone ever before.
6. He won the World Quizzing Championships in 2003.
7. Time Out described him as a 'former child quiz prodigy and a rising star of the quiz world'.
8. He answered 97 per cent of his questions correctly during the show.
The series has now finished.
Come back every week and see who's made it through to the Grand Final!