Disability Q&A  permalink

folding crutches?

This discussion has been closed.

• Message 1. 

Posted by princesa (U14538799) on Saturday, 2nd July 2011

Dear all,

I have not posted for a long time because I had a lot of work and family problems but I would like to say first of all, I am sorry to see the utch forum go. I think the comunity is very helpful and people have a beautiful sense of togetherness. I really hope that the boards stay open.
    I would like to ask your help please, I use a crutch, normal one, but I wonder if I could buy a folding one. I need one with the arm thing but that I could use if I went cycling or travelling. I am in the Uk, Staffordshire. I would be very grateful if someone had any online shop I could contact and your views on folding crutches, are they practical? I only need one really.
    Thanks so much for your help smiley - smiley

Have a good night,

Alexandra

Report message1

• Message 2

, in reply to message 1.

Posted by hurtallover (U12292157) on Sunday, 3rd July 2011

There's some travel ones here. www.completecareshop... and some folding ones here www.chicaidcrutches....

Report message2

• Message 3

, in reply to message 2.

Posted by princesa (U14538799) on Wednesday, 6th July 2011

hello hurtallover ,

Thanks so much for your help. I am coming back to thank you first of all and to post some feedback on my purchase. I purchased a folding crutch from chick aid (second site), and the service was second to none. Fast, excellent customer service. However, I want to tell everyone who may be interested in this particular kind of crutch, you must buy an arm band or else your arm will not stay in place, since it is only a half cuff. Apart from that, brilliant service. I recommend this site to everyone.

Have a good night all,

Alexandra

Report message3

About this Board

The Ouch! messageboard has now closed. Messages you have posted will remain archived.

or register to take part in a discussion.

The message board is currently closed for posting.

To continue the conversation visit Ouch's blog (bbc.co.uk/ouch) - now part of BBC News. There you'll find our podcast, regular blog entries and articles, community events, and links to where you can find us on Facebook and Twitter.

This messageboard is reactively moderated.

Find out more about this board's House Rules

Search this Board

Live community panel

Our blog is the main place to go for all things Ouch! Find info, comment, articles and great disability content on the web via us.

Mat and Liz
Listen to our regular razor sharp talk show online, or subscribe to it as a podcast. Spread the word: it's where disability and reality almost collide.

More from the BBC

BBC Sport

Disability Sport

All the latest news from the paralympics.

Peter White

In Touch

News and views for people who are blind or partially sighted.

BBC Radio 4

You & Yours

Weekdays 12.40pm. Radio 4's consumer affairs programme.

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.