See Hear Talk  permalink

DLA Tribunal Success - DLA Dispute It!

This discussion has been closed.

• Message 1. 

Posted by stephen (U14894812) on Sunday, 5th June 2011

Hi my son has core autism we won are case for high rate mobility on the 6Th of may 2011 it was backed dated for 2 years and given for life the dla representative asked for this to be shorted to 3 years and then renewed the tribunal agreed we was over the moon. we got a letter on Friday 3rd of June saying the decision maker has asked for a statement of reasons and stopped are low rate mobility is there any point of a tribunal feel let down does any one please have any experience of this

Report message1

• Message 2

, in reply to message 1.

Posted by AndyfromCornwall (U14342750) on Monday, 6th June 2011

Your best bet IMHO is to join up at Benefits and Work and look through their archives for similar cases and find out what to do.
    Also you can tell your MP and ask them to intervene. Sometimes having an MP sniffing around works wonders!

Report message2

• Message 3

, in reply to message 1.

Posted by M M (U14200747) on Monday, 6th June 2011

My Autistic son has his MR DLA removed at age 16, we are finding it very difficult to get much response at ALL. It's been over 3 months and they are making us wait. Currently he gets nothing and neither do we for his care either, and they said we might have to hand in his bus pass too because without DLA you don't qualify for it. I've had the DWP in my home and he appeared satisfied that in fact my son qualified for HR DLA and should have had it day one, however he then vanished and we have heard nil since... My son has had to really all over again and the DWP are working on the basis no-one is qualified for it ! They will deter as much as possible because they say statistically 20% of people will then give up pushing for the claim, win-win for them. It's appalling they are targeting our children, who cannot fight for themselves...

Report message3

• Message 4

, in reply to message 1.

Posted by stephen (U14894812) on Monday, 6th June 2011

Spoke to the Tribunal services today the told me that the dwp have not asked for a statement of reason and there deadline is today so i rand the dwp back and they said they sent it on 31 march but will fax it today and they are still going to pay low rate and are seeking point of law i rang the tribunal back and they said there fax machine is on the blink and to call them back next week and they will let me know the latest so i have left message for my local mp and spoke to my welfare rights advisor is there any thing else i can do i feel something is wrong her

Report message4

About this Board

The Ouch! messageboard has now closed. Messages you have posted will remain archived.

or register to take part in a discussion.

The message board is currently closed for posting.

To continue the conversation visit Ouch's blog (bbc.co.uk/ouch) - now part of BBC News. There you'll find our podcast, regular blog entries and articles, community events, and links to where you can find us on Facebook and Twitter.

This messageboard is reactively moderated.

Find out more about this board's House Rules

Search this Board

Live community panel

Our blog is the main place to go for all things Ouch! Find info, comment, articles and great disability content on the web via us.

Mat and Liz
Listen to our regular razor sharp talk show online, or subscribe to it as a podcast. Spread the word: it's where disability and reality almost collide.

More from the BBC

BBC Sport

Disability Sport

All the latest news from the paralympics.

Peter White

In Touch

News and views for people who are blind or partially sighted.

BBC Radio 4

You & Yours

Weekdays 12.40pm. Radio 4's consumer affairs programme.

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.