Dancing On Wheels  permalink

Dancing on Wheels

This discussion has been closed.

• Message 1. 

Posted by caroline brooks (U14115206) on Sunday, 7th March 2010

Why couldn't Dancing onWheels be on BBC 1?

Report message1

• Message 2

, in reply to message 1.

Posted by Glistener (U5249510) on Sunday, 7th March 2010

I quite agree

Report message2

• Message 3

, in reply to message 2.

Posted by myrtlemaid (U7171398) on Sunday, 7th March 2010

Its shoved on BBC3 because it probably was considered that it wouldnt have particularly good viewing figures ..and because its not about a "popular" group of people . As in reallife we are being hidden away and treated differently, whilst the BBccan claim to have done their bit for "the poor people with disabilities" cos we're there at all.

Interestin that the sports aid dance competition has the same spot on BBC1 that SCD used to have but dancing on wheels was relegated to a minority channel...

makes me so cross i could spit !

Report message3

• Message 4

, in reply to message 3.

Posted by Julian Hall (U2873105) on Thursday, 11th March 2010

I agree that it should have been on BBC1, and that the motivation was purely viewing figures. How do they expect to get *good* figures by bunging it on BBC3?

I don't honestly agree with the comment the BBC did it because we are not 'popular' or to 'hide us away'. If that were the case the BBC would not be the *only* company to broadcast live coverage of the Paralympics when they are on, and that includes the dedicated sports channels on cable.

They have IMHO dropped the ball in this case, but I don't think it can be used to build an 'anti-disabled' case against them.

Report message4

About this Board

The Ouch! messageboard has now closed. Messages you have posted will remain archived.

or register to take part in a discussion.

The message board is currently closed for posting.

To continue the conversation visit Ouch's blog (bbc.co.uk/ouch) - now part of BBC News. There you'll find our podcast, regular blog entries and articles, community events, and links to where you can find us on Facebook and Twitter.

This messageboard is reactively moderated.

Find out more about this board's House Rules

Search this Board

Live community panel

Our blog is the main place to go for all things Ouch! Find info, comment, articles and great disability content on the web via us.

Mat and Liz
Listen to our regular razor sharp talk show online, or subscribe to it as a podcast. Spread the word: it's where disability and reality almost collide.

More from the BBC

BBC Sport

Disability Sport

All the latest news from the paralympics.

Peter White

In Touch

News and views for people who are blind or partially sighted.

BBC Radio 4

You & Yours

Weekdays 12.40pm. Radio 4's consumer affairs programme.

BBC © 2014 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.