BBC Philharmonic Presents... Friday Night Is Music Night LIVE on BBC Radio 2
with the BBC Philharmonic
Friday 03 June 2011, 8pm
BBC Philharmonic Studio, The Studios MediaCityUK, Salford M50 2HQ
part of the BBC Philharmonic Presents... series
Friday Night Is Music Night whisks the leading men of the West End to Salford Quays for one night only to celebrate the new home of the BBC Philharmonic.
West End stars Ricardo Afonso (We Will Rock You), Alex Gaumond (Olivier nominee for Best Actor in a Musical, Legally Blonde), Matt Rawle (Zorro), John Owen-Jones (Les Miserables) and up and coming sensation Paul Spicer take to the stage in a glittering show packed with songs from West End shows. The BBC Philharmonic is conducted by Mike Dixon.
Hosting the evening and keeping the boys in line is award winning actress of stage and screen, fresh from her knock-out success in Sweet Charity, Tamzin Outhwaite.
The programme features:
Tamzin Outhwaite presenter
How to get there
- Tram: A new waterside tram terminus (the MediaCityUK Tram Station)has combined with the existing tram stop at Broadway to provide a service in both directions (Eccles and city centre bound) every six minutes. The two mile journey into central Manchester city centre takes around 15 minutes by tram, providing a seamless connection with the national rail network at Manchester Piccadilly station.
- Please see Transport For Greater Manchester's website: http://www.tfgm.com/index.cfm
- Three trains an hour run from Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston. You can get an Eccles line tram at Manchester Piccadilly train station that will take you to MediaCityUK.
- For those who need to travel by car, a new link road with the M602 motorway has been opened which gives drivers the option to approach MediaCityUK from either end of Broadway. The M602 provides onward linkages to major routes leading in all directions. Directions: EAST M62: M62 becomes the M60 at junction 18. At junction 12 of the M60 take the M602 signposted Salford. At junction 3 take A5063 to the first set of traffic lights and take a right. Follow Broadway down to the roundabout and take the 2nd exit, continue on Broadway for half a mile. MediaCityUK is located on your left after the tram tracks, turn left at the 2nd set of traffic lights and left again into the multi storey car park which is for public use.
- MediaCityUK is accessible to those with mobility difficulties. Disabled parking can be arranged on site. Please notify the Box Office when booking.