Ravel, Rodrigo and de Falla
with the BBC Philharmonic
Saturday 01 October 2011, 7.30pm
RAVEL Rapsodie espagnole
RODRIGO Concierto in modo galante
FALLA The Three-cornered Hat Suites Nos. 1 and 2
Juanjo Mena Conductor
Asier Polo Cello
Chief Conductor Juanjo Mena shows that he has the music of Spain in his blood with this fiesta of a concert. We open with Ravel’s glittering dream of a Spanish night, and dance on through Manuel de Falla’s sumptuous, Flamenco-flavoured ballet suites, and a delightful cello concerto by Joaquin (Concierto de Aranjuez) Rodrigo.
With its simple rhythm and a sultry tune, Ravel’s Bolero completes this hot-blooded Spanish programme.
Sonic Card and Journey Through Music tickets are also available for this concert.
Tickets are also available from The Bridgewater Hall.
How to get there
- Metrolink tram passengers should alight at St Peter’s Square. Discounted Metrolink vouchers are available to purchase from the Box Office or online when you buy your concert tickets. The discounted fare is £3.00 adult and £1.50 child; vouchers are valid for unlimited travel from any Metrolink stop after 9.30am.
- The nearest bus stops for major routes into the city centre are St Peter’s Square, Portland Street or Deansgate.
- The nearest rail stations are Deansgate and Oxford Road.
- If travelling by car, please allow plenty of time for your journey. For satellite navigation, the Hall’s postcode is M2 3WS. The nearest car parks are Park Avenue, NCP Manchester Central (formerly G-Mex), NCP Great Northern or NCP Oxford Street. Manchester Central car park is linked directly to The Bridgewater Hall by an underpass beneath Lower Mosley Street.
- The Bridgewater Hall welcomes deaf and disabled patrons. If you have any specific access requirements please ask the Box Office on 0161 907 9000.