BBC Philharmonic Presents... Nero's Dubstep Symphony LIVE on BBC Radio 1 & 1Xtra
with the BBC Philharmonic
Monday 06 June 2011, 7pm
BBC Philharmonic Studio, The Studios MediaCityUK, Salford M50 2HQ
part of the BBC Philharmonic Presents... series
Dubstep Symphony has been specially commissioned by the BBC Philharmonic and BBC Radio 1 from dubstep and drum & bass pioneers Nero. They will perform live on BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 1Xtra as part of a special simulcast which will be co-hosted by Zane Lowe and MistaJam.
The duo have been working alongside Composer/Conductor Joe Duddell to create a brand new piece for the full forces of the BBC Philharmonic.
This is your chance to be there in the orchestra's brand new state-of-the-art studio and see this unprecedented collaboration, which kicks off Dubstep Week on BBC Radio 1Xtra.
Zane Lowe presenter BBC Radio 1
MistaJam presenter BBC Radio 1Xtra
Joe Duddell music director
How to get there
- Tram: A new waterside tram terminus (the MediaCityUK Tram Station)has combined with the existing tram stop at Broadway to provide a service in both directions (Eccles and city centre bound) every six minutes. The two mile journey into central Manchester city centre takes around 15 minutes by tram, providing a seamless connection with the national rail network at Manchester Piccadilly station.
- Please see Transport For Greater Manchester's website: http://www.tfgm.com/index.cfm
- Three trains an hour run from Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston. You can get an Eccles line tram at Manchester Piccadilly train station that will take you to MediaCityUK.
- For those who need to travel by car, a new link road with the M602 motorway has been opened which gives drivers the option to approach MediaCityUK from either end of Broadway. The M602 provides onward linkages to major routes leading in all directions. Directions: EAST M62: M62 becomes the M60 at junction 18. At junction 12 of the M60 take the M602 signposted Salford. At junction 3 take A5063 to the first set of traffic lights and take a right. Follow Broadway down to the roundabout and take the 2nd exit, continue on Broadway for half a mile. MediaCityUK is located on your left after the tram tracks, turn left at the 2nd set of traffic lights and left again into the multi storey car park which is for public use.
- MediaCityUK is accessible to those with mobility difficulties. Disabled parking can be arranged on site. Please notify the Box Office when booking.