Come and Sing with the BBC Philharmonic
with the BBC Philharmonic, the BBC Singers
Saturday 29 June 2013, 10am
BBC Philharmonic Studio, The Studios MediaCityUK, Salford M50 2HQ
Come & Sing... Vivaldi's Gloria
Saturday 29th June, 10am - 6pm
With the BBC Philharmonic, the BBC Singers and BBC Radio 2 Young Choristers of the Year 2012.
Join the BBC Philharmonic and members of the BBC Singers to sing in our state of the art studio at MediaCityUK.
For the first time we will be recording our work for future broadcast on BBC Radio 4's Sunday Worship. This event is open and free to everyone, but we would welcome applications from choral groups/societies too. The ability to read music would really help. Vocal scores will be provided on the day by the BBC.
Come and Sing
BBC Bridge House
You can also download a poster for the event: Come and Sing Poster 2013
How to get there
- Tram: A new waterside tram terminus (the MediaCityUK Tram Station)has combined with the existing tram stop at Broadway to provide a service in both directions (Eccles and city centre bound) every six minutes. The two mile journey into central Manchester city centre takes around 15 minutes by tram, providing a seamless connection with the national rail network at Manchester Piccadilly station.
- Please see Transport For Greater Manchester's website: http://www.tfgm.com/index.cfm
- Three trains an hour run from Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston. You can get an Eccles line tram at Manchester Piccadilly train station that will take you to MediaCityUK.
- For those who need to travel by car, a new link road with the M602 motorway has been opened which gives drivers the option to approach MediaCityUK from either end of Broadway. The M602 provides onward linkages to major routes leading in all directions. Directions: EAST M62: M62 becomes the M60 at junction 18. At junction 12 of the M60 take the M602 signposted Salford. At junction 3 take A5063 to the first set of traffic lights and take a right. Follow Broadway down to the roundabout and take the 2nd exit, continue on Broadway for half a mile. MediaCityUK is located on your left after the tram tracks, turn left at the 2nd set of traffic lights and left again into the multi storey car park which is for public use.
- MediaCityUK is accessible to those with mobility difficulties. Disabled parking can be arranged on site. Please notify the Box Office when booking.