with the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
Thursday 06 May 2010, 2pm
City Halls, Candleriggs, Glasgow G1 1NQ
Mendelssohn Violin Concerto
Bruckner Symphony No.6
Matthew Trusler Violin: please note change to originally advertised soloist
Lawrence Renes Conductor
BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
Mendelssohn’s gorgeous Violin Concerto is hugely popular with both performers and audiences alike. It will be in very good hands here when Matthew Trusler, one of the finest young players of her generation, performs it with the BBC SSO. It is paired with the most concise and openly jubilant of Bruckner’s mature symphonies, the Sixth.
How to get there
- The nearest subway station is St Enoch, which is approximately a ten-minute walk from the venues.
- Many local service buses pass close by City Halls and the Old Fruitmarket, either along Trongate or Glassford Street. Most are operated by First Bus.
- Queen Street and Central Stations are a ten-minute walk from the venues. For information on rail travel within the UK, National Rail is the official source for all rail information, train times and timetables.
- On the M8 motorway, take junction 15, turn left onto Castle Street following signs for the Royal Infirmary/East Kilbride/A730. Castle Street becomes High Street and at the fourth set of traffic lights, turn right onto Ingram Street. Candleriggs is the second street on the left. The nearest car parks is the Q-Park on Albion Street which offers parking deals for our customers – call the box office on 0141 353 8000 for more details.
- The Grand Hall at City Halls is accessible to those with mobility difficulties. A lift from the Candleriggs entrance gives access to all levels. Our Concert Halls are fitted with infra-red assisted hearing systems which are specially designed for use in large auditoria. Please notify the Box Office when booking.