Tectonics Day One: Introductory talk - What is Tectonics?
with the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
Saturday 11 May 2013, 5pm
Candleriggs Bar, City Halls Candleriggs, Glasgow G1 1NQ
part of the Tectonics Glasgow series
Chaired by Fiona Talkington of BBC Radio 3's Late Junction, who will also be the Festival's resident presenter.
Limited seating availability (free to pass-holders).
Booking for Tectonics Glasgow:
Saturday Day Pass (access to Saturday's events only) £12/£8 conc.
Sunday Day Pass (access to Sunday's events only) £12/18conc.
Concessions available to students, unemployed and registered disabled.
How to get there
- The nearest subway station is St Enoch, which is approximately a ten-minute walk from the venues.
- Many local service buses pass close by City Halls and the Old Fruitmarket, either along Trongate or Glassford Street. Most are operated by First Bus.
- Queen Street and Central Stations are a ten-minute walk from the venues. For information on rail travel within the UK, National Rail is the official source for all rail information, train times and timetables.
- On the M8 motorway, take junction 15, turn left onto Castle Street following signs for the Royal Infirmary/East Kilbride/A730. Castle Street becomes High Street and at the fourth set of traffic lights, turn right onto Ingram Street. Candleriggs is the second street on the left. The nearest car parks is the Q-Park on Albion Street which offers parking deals for our customers – call the box office on 0141 353 8000 for more details.
- The Grand Hall at City Halls is accessible to those with mobility difficulties. A lift from the Candleriggs entrance gives access to all levels. Our Concert Halls are fitted with infra-red assisted hearing systems which are specially designed for use in large auditoria. Please notify the Box Office when booking.