Tectonics Day Two: Asparagus Piss Raindrop
with the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
Sunday 12 May 2013, 3pm
City Halls, Candleriggs, Glasgow G1 1NQ
part of the Tectonics Glasgow series
Asparagus Piss Raindrop describe themselves as "a crypto-conceptual science-fiction anti-band formed from a dreadful, ever expanding pool of improviser/composer/performers. This incarnation includes Lee Cummings (Kylie Minoise), Liene Rozite (Muris), Julia Scott (Fem Bitch Nation), Fritz Welch and Neil Davidson (With Lumps)." This new promenade piece will occupy several parts of City Halls simultaneously and consecutively.
Duration: approx. 80 minutes
Please note that this is a promenade/standing event
This event takes place in Old Fruitmarket, City Halls Foyer, Bars & Promenades.
STROBE LIGHTING WILL BE USED.
Booking for Tectonics Glasgow:
Saturday Day Pass (access to Saturday's events only) £12/£8 conc.
Sunday Day Pass (access to Sunday's events only) £12/18conc.
Concessions available to students, unemployed and registered disabled.
How to get there
- The nearest subway station is St Enoch, which is approximately a ten-minute walk from the venues.
- Many local service buses pass close by City Halls and the Old Fruitmarket, either along Trongate or Glassford Street. Most are operated by First Bus.
- Queen Street and Central Stations are a ten-minute walk from the venues. For information on rail travel within the UK, National Rail is the official source for all rail information, train times and timetables.
- On the M8 motorway, take junction 15, turn left onto Castle Street following signs for the Royal Infirmary/East Kilbride/A730. Castle Street becomes High Street and at the fourth set of traffic lights, turn right onto Ingram Street. Candleriggs is the second street on the left. The nearest car parks is the Q-Park on Albion Street which offers parking deals for our customers – call the box office on 0141 353 8000 for more details.
- The Grand Hall at City Halls is accessible to those with mobility difficulties. A lift from the Candleriggs entrance gives access to all levels. Our Concert Halls are fitted with infra-red assisted hearing systems which are specially designed for use in large auditoria. Please notify the Box Office when booking.