Friday Night is Music Night - Bond and Beyond LIVE on BBC Radio 2
with the BBC Philharmonic
Friday 14 September 2012, 8pm
BBC Philharmonic Studio, The Studios MediaCityUK, Salford M50 2HQ
part of the BBC Philharmonic Presents... series
Nobody does it better when exceptional composers like John Barry write great music for spy classics. The BBC Philharmonic, conducted by Robert Ziegler, performs music from the world's best loved spy films for Radio 2's legendary ‘Friday Night Is Music Night' in a programme that features great songs from the James Bond films Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever and For Your Eyes Only, as well as music from Mission Impossible, Where Eagles Dare and Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.
Simon Mayo / Mark Kermode presenters
Robert Ziegler conductor
Ren Harvieu singer
Lance Ellington singer
Claire Moore singer
Tickets for this event are free and will be made available via a random draw.
TICKET APPLICATIONS CANNOT BE SUBMITTED AFTER TUESDAY 7 SEPT, 7PM
30% of public tickets will allocated to residents of Salford.
How to get there
- Tram: A new waterside tram terminus (the MediaCityUK Tram Station)has combined with the existing tram stop at Broadway to provide a service in both directions (Eccles and city centre bound) every six minutes. The two mile journey into central Manchester city centre takes around 15 minutes by tram, providing a seamless connection with the national rail network at Manchester Piccadilly station.
- Please see Transport For Greater Manchester's website: http://www.tfgm.com/index.cfm
- Three trains an hour run from Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston. You can get an Eccles line tram at Manchester Piccadilly train station that will take you to MediaCityUK.
- For those who need to travel by car, a new link road with the M602 motorway has been opened which gives drivers the option to approach MediaCityUK from either end of Broadway. The M602 provides onward linkages to major routes leading in all directions. Directions: EAST M62: M62 becomes the M60 at junction 18. At junction 12 of the M60 take the M602 signposted Salford. At junction 3 take A5063 to the first set of traffic lights and take a right. Follow Broadway down to the roundabout and take the 2nd exit, continue on Broadway for half a mile. MediaCityUK is located on your left after the tram tracks, turn left at the 2nd set of traffic lights and left again into the multi storey car park which is for public use.
- MediaCityUK is accessible to those with mobility difficulties. Disabled parking can be arranged on site. Please notify the Box Office when booking.