Heritage Centre, Kilrea
Graham has spent his whole life collecting and restoring things.
As he drove around the countryside he kept a watchful eye for anything
relating to a rural way of life which was fast disappearing.
A plantation town,
Limavady’s name derives from the gaelic title "Leim an
mhadaidh" (leap of the dog). Find out more about this leaping
dog and the town’s connection with the 'Londonderry Air'.
Moore visits Leckpatrick, which means means Flat stone of Patrick.
Tradition has it that Saint Patrick himself founded the first church
here. Certainly there’s been a church here from a very early
period, probably before the end of the 1st millennium.
man who found the gold.
In 1896 a farmer, Tom Nicholl, unearthed what has been described
as the " greatest gold hoard in Ireland"... Read more...