The Planets and the Moon
• Dark grey or black trousers and top
• Two cardboard discs to represent the planet and worn like a sandwich board
• Don't make the discs too big as the actor needs to use his/her hands
• 2 straps to be stapled on to the front and back discs
• Rear View: The planet's name could be written across the back with a thick marker
• To emphasis the roundness make the letters appear to follow the surface
Making the Planets:
• The Planets, Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars have solid cores and are known as terrestrial. For these, cover your cardboard discs with some sort of filler (Polyfilla) mixed with PVA glue, or perhaps "Artex" ceiling plaster. Then make 'craters' on the textured surface.
• Tear apart a square bath sponge and use the raw uneven edges to dab colours onto the surface which gives a mottled effect. Work as fast as you can so the paint is still wet when you apply another colour. Note one side has a light rim and the other side is darker to infer the roundness of the Planet.