Resources provided include lesson plans
(for both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4) and additional information on ethnic
minorities and world religions.
Lesson plans are centred on video clips and newspaper articles
featured on the website and demonstrate how these assets can be used in
the classroom. The newspaper lesson plans are aimed at Key Stage 4.
Learning outcomes listed in CCEA's Learning for Life and Work
Area will be achieved through completion of these lesson plans. The Learning
Outcomes require demonstration of the following skills (applying knowledge
and understanding about Local and Global Citizenship):
- research and manage information effectively to investigate citizenship issues, explore problems,
undertake action projects and make informed decisions
- communicate effectively in visual, oral, written and ICT formats
- work effectively within teams
- work independently to manage, evaluate and improve own learning and performance
- demonstrate creativity, initiative, organisation and perseverance in carrying out tasks and in developing own ideas.
Elements of the site require certain software and plug-ins. For advice
on how to download or install plug-ins such as Flash, Windows Media Player,
Real Player and Adobe Acrobat visit our Technical
Guidance for teachers is available for those lesson plans accompanying
the video clips.
View a sample
lesson plan >>
It is suggested that pupils complete a pupil journal after each lesson.
Pupil journal template>>