What we do
- Our Inter-generational Project brings together those who are 16-25
and those who are over 50.
- The Young Citizens in Action website is found at www.youngcitizens.org.uk.
It is specifically aimed at 16-25 year olds in Northern Ireland and
provides information about issues concerning citizenship and volunteering
- The Millennium Volunteers Programme offers young people between the
ages of 16 and 24 the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised “Award
of Excellence” as a reward for their volunteering.
- The Young Citizens in Action Management Committee seeks to support,
resource and engage young volunteers aged 16-30, and promote the concept
of active citizenship. They meet once a month to steer the different
projects within YCIA.
- The Action Magazine, produced three times a year, includes information
about our projects and how to get involved.
Examples of Projects
- Producing a young person friendly version of the ‘A Shared Future’
document for government.
- Running a poster campaign to encourage young people to use their vote.
- Producing a health information booklet for young people.
- Gathering information about international volunteering opportunities
for young people and promoting the concept.
- Facilitating online discussion for young people on a range of issues.
Young Citizens in Action
Voluntary Service Bureau
34 Shaftesbury Square
Tel: 028 9020 0850
Fax: 028 9020 0860
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com