What we do?
- Civic-Link is a year-long project, averaging approximately 30-40 teaching
hours and 2 residential North/South exchanges.
- It involves young people North & South, sharing and tackling issues,
which affect their respective communities.
- Each school identifies and researches a community problem, develops
a practical solution and explores how they can take action at public
- They share information, research and analysis with a "partner" group
from the other jurisdiction and collaborate during residential exchanges
in each other's communities to explore joint problem solving strategies.
- They deliver a combined presentation about what they have learnt in
relation to responsible citizenship, civic engagement and understanding
each other's identity and traditions.
Examples of our work
- Young people have tackled difficult issues such as binge drinking,
sectarianism, bullying and racism.
- During their exchanges they use active learning methods and drama
techniques to create a safe environment where young people can explore
their perceptions of each other.
6 Murray Street
Tel: 028 90 891006
Fax: 028 90 891000
20 Herbert Place
Tel: +353 1 661 0588