Download the Teachers' notes for each of the five areas of geography covered in the "Focus On..." section.
General Geography sites
- Sustainable Development - Interactive site that explores sustainable development in Northern Ireland.
- Geography in Action - A comprehensive site featuring case-studies from around Northern Ireland.
- Schoolzone - Free independent reviews and resources for teachers and schools.
- Teachers TV - Thousands of education programmes on TV & Online.
- OSNI - Ordnance Survey of Northern Ireland.
- Geographical Association - The Geographical Association's selection of resources for post-primary education.
- CCEA - CCEA KS3 Geography curriculum information.
- Mapping our World - Oxfam's educational site on maps and globes.
- Geography Teaching Today - KS3 Geography teaching resources.
- EHSNI - Extensive information on Biodiversity in Northern Ireland.
- QUERCUS - Queen's University's Research Centre for Biodiversity and Conservation Biology.
- BBC News Story - Concern over pollution in Lough Neagh.
- Friends of the Earth Report - Septic tank pollution in Lough Neagh area.
- Met Office - Essential forecasts for everyone, everyday.
- Woodland Trust - Information on woodland in Northern Ireland.
- Ulster Wildlife Trust - Information on wildlife in Northern Ireland.
- Geo Topics Ecosystems - NGfL approved website featuring KS3 Ecosystems content.
- NINIS - Northern Ireland Neighbourhood Information Service website containing useful facts and figures.
- Geo Topics - NGfL approved website featuring KS3 Human Geography learning outcomes.
- BBC News Story - NI house building at record level.
Mountains, Rivers & Lakes
- BBC Bitesize Geography - Rivers and water management topic.
- Rivers and Water Management - A comprehensive site on rivers from Kent NGfL.
- Rivers and Coasts - Lesson materials on rivers and coasts in Wales from Wales NGfL.
- BBC News Story - Further flooding hits parts of NI.
- BBC Bitesize Geography - Revision of coastal topics.
- Geo Topics Coasts - NGfL approved website featuring coastal learning outcomes.
- BBC News Story - Northern Ireland being 'washed away'.
- BBC Coasts Information on Northern Ireland coastline from the BBC series.
Economic Activity & Land Use
- BBC News Story - Can Northern Ireland compete?
- BBC News Story - Manufacturing jobs fall by 90,000.
- Geo Topics Landuse - NGfL approved website featuring Land use learning outcomes.
- Economic Activity - Lesson materials on economic activity from Wales NGfL.
The BBC is not responsible for content on external websites.