This unit will look at the different sections of the river – upper course, middle course and lower. The children will use poetry, art and music to investigate the features of the different sections of the river.
Throughout the unit, the class will be split into groups, each group will look at one section of the river at a time. By the end of the unit, each group will have looked at all sections.
Suggested Learning Intentions:
- Local habitats: Rivers (Geography: Interdependence)
- Express thoughts, feelings and opinions in imaginative and factual writing (Language & Literacy: Writing)
- Use a range of media. (The Arts: Art & Design)
- Select and use appropriate art technique (The Arts: Art & Design)
- Listen and respond to a piece of classical music and discuss its characteristics. (The Arts: Music)
- Work creatively with sound by creating a musical story (The Arts: Music)
- Know about the features of the different sections of a river.
- Use a variety of writing styles to describe the features of the various sections of a river.
- Use ICT to record reports and poems, create a record of a visual display, record music and edit a film
- Illustrate the features of the various sections of a river.
- Create a piece of music about a stage of a river’s journey.
- Use imagination to create a film about the different sections of a river.