Video in the classroom
Video is a valuable classroom tool that can be used to engage and motivate pupils. As a medium it is relevant and provides a real life context to a topic. This technology lends intself to improving group working skills and can provide cross-curricular learning opportunities.
Watch Joanne Murray from Cookstown Primary discuss the potential of video in the classroom.
Key points from the video
- Video has the potential to enhance teaching and learning.
- Improves comnfidence and self-esteem of pupils.
- Can be used through all key stages for any size of group.
- Encourages group working.
- Brings maths to life; real numbers in a real context .
- Select and train a small group of pupils with video skills to become peer tutors.
- Wiki - a collection of web pages set up to allow users to easily edit and contribute information
Find out more: