Unit 4. How do we travel, now and in the past?
Problems caused by traffic
Watch and listen to the clips below and look at the webpages. Ask the class to decide on their top three solutions to reducing the problems caused by traffic. For each of these three solutions, carry out a ‘consider all factors (CAF)’ activity. List the advantages, disadvantage and interesting aspects to each possible solution.
- BBC Learning Zone Clip 4725 Solutions to traffic congestion [Flash Video]
- BBC Learning Zone Clip 1578 Air pollution caused by traffic [Flash Video]
- BBC Learning Zone Clip 1579 Improving air pollution across Europe [Flash Video]
- BBC Primary Focus- Think Local, Act Global: Electric Cars
- BBC Primary Focus- Traffic Survey: Reduce Traffic
- BBC Primary Focus- Think Local, Act Global: Transport Alternatives
BBC TANDY: Issues - Transport: Transport Solutions
- BBC TANDY: Issues: public transport Teacher notes & worksheets [PDF]
- Road service - Travelwise [external link: article]
- Ecoworld - transport [external link: article]
- BBC Topics: Pollution [articles & Flash video]