Planning and Implementing the Curriculum
School-wide planning is essential for the effective implementation of the revised curriculum. Implementation needs to be planned and delivered in stages to suit the individual needs of each school.
Watch Sharon Dobbin, principle of St John Bosco's Primary School discuss the planning and implementation of the revised curriculum.
Key points from the video
- Before beginning the process, familiarise yourself with the CCEA Literature.
- Create a School Development Plan.
- Review current provisions and identify gaps.
- Communicate objectives through whole-school meetings.
- Implementation to be delivered in stages.
- Create manageable objectives and review progress periodically.
- Revised curriculum helps pupils connect with their learning.
- SDP - School Development Plan
- AFL - Assessmentfor Learning
- 4As - Aspire, Audit, Adapt, and Action
Find out more