Who is new Spurs manager Mauricio Pochettino?
Mauricio Pochettino has been named the new Tottenham manager this week after leaving Southampton, But who is he?
He was appointed Tottenham manager on Tuesday, signing a five-year contract after Tim Sherwood was sacked.
Just 42 years old, Mauricio made a real name for himself last season, leaving Southampton in a strong eighth position in the league.
Mauricio Pochettino's career
- Mauricio started his football career as a player, playing for 17 years as a central defender at Newell's Old Boys, Espanyol, Paris Saint-Germain and Bordeaux.
- He was born in Argentina and played 20 times for his country, scoring two goals.
- His managerial career started in 2009 at Espanyol in Spain's La Liga, and he took them from the relegation zone to tenth in the league that season.
- He left Espanyol in 2012, and started his Premier League journey in impressive fashion at Southampton, recording some impressive wins against the likes of Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea.
What will Pochettino bring to Tottenham?
- He will try and bring the attacking, pressing football that he brought to Southampton last season.
- He's known for giving youngsters a chance, which fits into club chairman Daniel Levy's plans.
- Star striker Erik Lamela hasn't had a dream start after his record £30m transfer: Pochettino will hope his Argentina connection will bring the best out of the most expensive signing in the club's history.