Charley the sea turtle rescued after swallowing plastic

Find out more about Charlie's rescue

Charley the sea turtle, who was found injured by a fisherman in Florida, has been saved.

The young loggerhead sea turtle, who is only a one-year-old, had swallowed plastic rubbish which had blocked her digestive system.

Sea creatures, like Charley, can of often confuse plastic for food which can be really dangerous for them.

The turtle was treated at a rescue centre and has now been safely returned to the sea.

More on This Story

  • Newsround logoWatch Newsround

    Watch the latest update from Newsround, CBBC's news programme for children.

Copyright © 2015 BBC. The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

This page is best viewed in an up-to-date web browser with style sheets (CSS) enabled. While you will be able to view the content of this page in your current browser, you will not be able to get the full visual experience. Please consider upgrading your browser software or enabling style sheets (CSS) if you are able to do so.