Rihanna, Adele, Gaga in UK best-selling singles list
- 5 November 2012
The UK's best-selling singles ever have been unveiled in a list to celebrate 60 years of the charts.
Rihanna, Michael Jackson and The Beatles are among 123 records that have sold more than a million copies since the first UK singles chart was published in 1952.
Elton John's 1997 tribute single to Princess Diana, who died in a car crash, tops the list with 4.9 million.
All the songs in the top 10 are more than 15 years old.
The decade that's produced the most million-sellers is the 1990s - 32!
But in less than three years, this decade has already seen 10 tracks reach the million mark.
Rihanna has already had three in the 2010s - We Found Love (with Calvin Harris) (number 76), Love The Way You Lie (with Eminem) (number 100) and Only Girl In The World (number 103).
Lady Gaga clocks in at number 86 with Poker Face and Jessie J's Price Tag featuring B.o.B makes number 94.
X Factor champ Matt Cardle is bottom of the list at number 123 with his winner's single When We Collide.
Check out the top 10 below and see how many you recognise!
The UK Top 10 Best-Selling Singles (1952-2012)
1. Something About The Way You Look Tonight/Candle In The Wind 97 - Elton John (1997, 4.9m copies)
2. Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid (1984, 3.69m copies)
3. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen (1975, 2.36m copies)
4. Mull Of Kintyre/Girls' School - Wings (1977, 2m copies)
5. You're The One That I Want - John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John (1978, 2m copies)
6. Rivers Of Babylon/Brown Girl In The Ring - Boney M (1978, 2m copies)
7. Relax - Frankie Goes To Hollywood (1983, 2m copies)
8. She Loves You - The Beatles (1963, 1.9m copies)
9. Unchained Melody/White Cliffs Of Dover - Robson Green & Jerome Flynn (1995, 1.86m copies)
10. Love Is All Around - Wet Wet Wet (1994, 1.85m copies)