Celebrity US bodybuilder Rich Piana dies aged 46 after collapsing two weeks ago
Celebrity US bodybuilder Rich Piana has died after being put into a medically-induced coma two weeks ago.
His estranged wife Sarah confirmed the news on Instagram.
She wrote: "I'm in tears writing this that @1dayumay has just passed away. I can barely believe this... I am so saddened & heartbroken that he didn't make it.
"I just want to say THANK YOU Rich for teaching me so much about life, whether it was the easy or the hard way."
Rich Piana, who was 46, was taken to hospital on 10 August after collapsing at home while having his hair cut by his girlfriend, Chanel Jansen.
She posted a photo of her holding his hand in hospital and thanking fans for their messages of support.
Rich Piana was a champion bodybuilder who won the Mr California title last year as well as various other competitions.
He had more than a million followers on Instagram, but in recent years he'd stopped competing and concentrated on building up his various businesses, including a nutrition firm.
He worked on TV series including Scrubs and Ripley's Believe It or Not as well as being a stuntman in Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes and working out with "The Mountain" from Game of Thrones - Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson.
Rich had been a bodybuilder since the age of 11, was competing by the time he was 15 and admitted to using anabolic steroids since his late teens.
On Instagram and YouTube - his videos, describing his lifestyle and workout techniques, often got tens of thousands of views.
More controversially he also described what steroids he took and how often he took them.
Other bodybuilders had pleaded with him to stop injecting himself.
Rich Piana was thought to have been worth around $2m (£1.5m) when he died, mostly from earnings from his clothing and nutrition lines.
Another champion bodybuilder died earlier this week in America.
Dallas McCarver, 26, was found unconscious after telling his girlfriend, WWE's Dana Brooke, that he'd cook dinner for her.
TMZ reported that he died after choking on food.