Kendal Calling drug victim's friend: It can happen to anyone
The friend of a teenager who died after taking drugs at a music festival has said it could happen to anyone.
Jordan Blackburn spent three nights in hospital, but his friend Christian Pay didn't survive. He's being laid to rest on Wednesday.
"I'd obviously heard of the dangers but I think everyone thinks, 'Oh it's never going to be me,'" Jordan says.
"It can happen to anyone and it will keep happening if people keep being irresponsible like we did."
Eighteen-year-old Christian and Jordan, 20, took unknown pills at Cumbria's Kendal Calling Festival.
"We'd known each for many, many years," Jordan says.
"We're all heartbroken. I don't think it really sunk in until everyone got back home and saw obviously where we'd had all of my best memories.
"I don't really think it's still settled in that much."
Jordan shared a photo of himself in an induced coma in hospital to warn other people about the risks of drugs.
"I believe some pills were given out. Obviously being naive teenagers we actually thought, 'It'll be fine'," he recalls.
"They were taken and unfortunately later that night - I don't have much recollection - but I just remember Christian being dragged out of his tent by the paramedics and then trying their damn hardest to resuscitate him.
"I think he did make it to hospital but unfortunately that night didn't make it any further."
"The things we were given didn't turn out to actually be what it was said [to be] and the effects were just destroying people inside.
"The main recollection I have is when I just woke up in hospital a couple of days later."
In total 14 people were treated in hospital after becoming sick at the festival.
"I'd woken up and I couldn't remember what had happened to Christian obviously. The first thing I asked was, 'Is he alright?'
"My dad just looked at me pretty blankly. The expression said it all really and I just burst into tears and thought, 'Right, I've been lucky enough here, Christian's given me a second chance.'
"Because if he didn't start to deteriorate at the festival then the paramedics wouldn't have known what to do when it started happening to me.
"I think that we learnt the hard way so hopefully anyone else doesn't have to."