Fifi Geldof denies claims that Peaches was 'selfish'

25/07/14

Fifi Geldof/Instagram post

Fifi Geldof has denied claims on social media that her younger sister Peaches, who died of a heroin overdose in April, was "selfish".

The 31-year-old responded by writing that one user had "no idea" what they were talking about on Instagram.

Her anger was caused by what she called "the viciousness" of the reaction to Peaches' death.

An inquest heard police found 6.9g (0.24oz) of "importation quality" heroin in Peaches' bedroom.

Thanks for your beautiful words of love and support for myself and Peaches. I appreciate it more than ever today
Fifi Geldof

The heroin, found in a black cloth bag above the bedroom door, was reported to have a purity of 61% with an estimated value between £350 and £550.

According to The Sun, Fifi closed an expletive filled rant with: "Maybe now she'll be allowed to RIP."

She followed her series of posts on her Instagram account, which has now been made private, by thanking followers who had posted messages of support.

"Thanks for your beautiful words of love and support for myself and Peaches. I appreciate it more than ever today," she said.

Peaches Geldof and husband Thomas Cohen
Image caption Peaches Geldof, who was married to musician Thomas Cohen, died aged 25

Peaches Geldof's one-year-old son Phaedra had been in the family home in Wrotham, Kent, when the former model and journalist died.

Police also said they discovered a syringe containing residue of heroin inside a sweet box next to the bed and other drug paraphernalia including burnt spoons, syringes and knotted tights throughout the property.

North West Kent Coroner Roger Hatch said Ms Geldof's death had been "drugs-related" and heroin had played a part.

Fifi Geldof and family
Image caption Paula Yates and ex-husband Bob Geldof with daughters Fifi Trixibelle (right), Peaches (left) and Pixie

In 2000 Peaches' and Fifi's mother Paula Yates was was found dead at her home in Notting Hill, west London.

An inquest later found the television presenter died of non-dependent abuse of drugs after taking heroin.

Follow @BBCNewsbeat on Twitter and Radio1Newsbeat on YouTube