Radio 1 and 1Xtra changes specialist, weekend schedules
Radio 1 is shaking up its specialist and weekend schedule with the Rock Show moving to Sunday and Alice Levine hosting a new weekend afternoon show.
Huw Stephens gets an extended evening programme from Monday to Wednesday, which will focus on new music.
The changes will also see Edith Bowman, Nihal, Mike Davies, Jen Long and Rob Da Bank leave the station.
Daniel P Carter will continue as host of the Rock Show, which will follow the Official Chart from 1 September.
Carter said: "To be starting the show directly after the announcement of the UK number one is obviously amazing and to be in the position where my show is an alternative option to the Simon Cowell circus is also a beautiful thing.
"If that's your bag then all good, but I'm stoked that The Rock Show will be in a slot that reflects the importance of a genre that is now, and always will be, in great shape because it is everything to the people that love it."
There will be a new Monday 9 - 10pm show for Dan & Phil with the programme fully visualised.
Other DJs leaving Radio 1 and 1Xtra are Ally McCrae, CJ Beatz, Crissy Criss and Robbo Ranx.
Radio 1 says the changes will let the station & BBC Radio 1Xtra deliver some of the savings it's been asked to make by the BBC.
It says "tough decisions have been made but the strategy remains for the stations to continue to innovate and invent new ways to reach its younger audience".
Ben Cooper, Controller of Radio 1 & 1Xtra, said: "These cuts to our budget are hurting.
"It means I have had to make some tough choices and say goodbye to some friends and respected colleagues.
"I believe these new schedules continue to innovate, reflect and celebrate the UK's youth and music culture."
There are no changes to the weekday daytime programmes on Radio 1.
The changes in full are:
* There's a new three-hour Rock Show with Daniel P Carter on Sunday night from 7 - 10pm.
* Alice Levine will be hosting a new weekend afternoon show from 1 - 4pm.
* There will also be an extended late evening programme from Monday to Wednesday which will be hosted by Huw Stephens from 10pm - 1am.
* There will be a new Monday 9 - 10pm show for Dan & Phil.
* Radio 1 Stories (documentary strand) moves to Tuesday 9 - 10pm.
* Radio 1's Surgery has a new slot on Wednesday 9 - 10pm.
* Phil Taggart will be on air Thursday nights from 9 - 10pm with a new music show.
* BBC Radio 1Xtra has a new look to the weekday 10pm shows with Monki starting a new programme on Monday 10pm - 1am.
* There's a new show for Sian Anderson on Wednesday and Seani B on Thursdays.
* On Saturday afternoon, female rapper A.Dot joins 1Xtra with a new show from 4 - 7pm.
* Skream joins Radio 1's Residency, which plays host to some of the biggest names and emerging new talent in the dance world and moves to a new three-hour slot at 10pm Thursday.
* B.Traits joins Radio 1's Friday night dance line-up from 1 - 4am, following Annie Mac (7 - 10pm) and Pete Tong (10pm - 1am), who are both extended by an hour.
* There is also an extra hour for Dev on Radio 1 Weekend Breakfast (6 - 10am) and Clara Amfo on 1Xtra Weekend Breakfast (6 - 10am).
All changes start on 1 September 2014.