Manchester suburb Chorlton-cum-Hardy most burgled spot
The top 20 burglary hotspots in the UK have been revealed, with part of Manchester the worst in the country.
According to insurance claim figures, people living in the M21 postcode are most likely to have been hit, with 45.2 claims per 1,000 people.
Herne Hill and Tulse Hill in SE24, London, were close behind with 41.8 and Muswell Hill in N10 chalked up 40.9.
Top tips to stop burglars
- Make sure your home looks like someone is living in it
- Don't close your curtains
- Use automatic time-switches for lights if you're away
- Fit locks to all outside doors, and locks to downstairs or easily accessible windows
- Don't leave valuables on show
- Install an alarm and/or CCTV
- Mark your property
- Stop deliveries and get a neighbour to go into your house when you're away
The figures came from 3.1 million home insurance quotes submitted to website MoneySupermarket.com over a year.
The top 20 was made up of the areas where the most people reported having made previous claims for burglary, per thousand people.
There are 12 London postcodes in the list.
Kevin Pratt from the website said: "While the M21 postal district in Manchester is the country's most notorious burglary claim hotspot, it is London that dominates the top 20 rankings.
"But just because somewhere is named a claim hotspot, it doesn't actually mean the area in question is not a nice place to live.
"Thieves often target areas with wealthy residents and desirable properties where the rewards are potentially greater or quieter areas where they think there is less risk of being caught red-handed."
Top 20 burglary hotspots are as follows:
1. M21 - Chorlton-cum-Hardy; Barlow Moor, Manchester, 45.2
2. SE24 - Herne Hill; Tulse Hill (part), London, 41.8
3. N10 - Muswell Hill, London, 40.9
4. RM8 - Dagenham; Becontree; Becontree Heath, London, 35.9
5. N2 - East Finchley; Fortis Green; Hampstead Garden Suburb (part), London, 34.5
6. L18 - Allerton; Mossley Hill, Liverpool, 33.3
7. L22 - Waterloo, Liverpool, 32.6
8. N18 - Upper Edmonton; Edmonton (part), London, 32.3
9. UB6 - Greenford; Perivale, London, 30.9
10. SE27 - West Norwood; Gipsy Hill (part), London, 30.5
11. B73 - Boldmere; New Oscott; Wylde Green, Birmingham, 29.5
12. E8 - Hackney Central; Dalston; London Fields, London, 29.4
13. DN2 - Intake; Wheatley; Wheatley Hills, Doncaster, 28.7
14. N20 - Whetstone; Totteridge; Oakleigh Park, London, 28.0
15. E9 - Homerton; Hackney Wick; South Hackney; Hackney Marshes; Victoria Park, London, 27.8
16. N11 - New Southgate; Friern Barnet; Bounds Green; Arnos Grove (part), London, 27.7
17. N16 - Stoke Newington; Stamford Hill (part); Shacklewell; Dalston (part); Newington Green (part), London, 27.7
18. LS16 - Adel, Bramhope; Cookridge; Eccup; Far Headingley; Holt Park; Ireland Wood; Lawnswood; Moor Grange; Tinshill; Weetwood; West Park, Leeds, 27.6
19. B24 - Erdington; Tyburn, Birmingham, 27.6
20. HP10 - High Wycombe; Flackwell Heath; Handy Cross; Hedsor; Loudwater; Penn; Tylers Green; Wooburn; Wooburn Green; Wooburn Moor, Buckinghamshire, 27.3
Follow @BBCNewsbeat on Twitter