London Olympics dominate 2012 Google searches in the UK
This summer's London Olympics dominate a list of the year's most popular UK Google search terms.
London was the most searched for city on Google Maps with Stella McCartney the top trending designer and Muse track Survival among the top songs.
The late singer Whitney Houston was the top trending person followed by the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton.
Other leading terms included Andy Murray (Olympian), Psy's Gangnam Style (song) and Skyfall (film).
The Euro 2012 football tournament, held in Ukraine and Poland during the summer, was the most searched for term this year on Google in the UK.
Strictly Come Dancing star and Olympic cyclist Victoria Pendleton was the most searched for reality TV celebrity after her appearance on the dance show.
Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt was the top trending politician followed by London mayor Boris Johnson while children's show Mike the Knight beat US drama Homeland and The Great British Bake Off to the top TV search term.
Lucy Spraggan, who quit this year's X Factor in week four, was the top trending pop star.
Meanwhile, the London Olympics was the subject of 150 million tweets, Twitter has revealed.
Boris Johnson's dancing at the closing ceremony was the most talked-about event by Britain's 10 million users in a single moment with the Spice Girls' performance seeing more than 116,000 tweets every minute.
Euro 2012 and The X Factor also appeared in the microblogging site's UK top 10 most talked-about events.
The Twitter top 10 is as follows:
1. Olympics: David Cameron, Samantha Cameron and Boris Johnson dancing together at the Games closing ceremony on Sunday 12 August.
2. Euro 2012: England losing on penalties to Italy in the quarter-finals of Euro 2012 in Kiev on Sunday 24 June.
3. X Factor: Ella Henderson being voted off after finishing in the bottom two with James Arthur on Sunday 18 November.
4. Olympics: Usain Bolt winning the men's 100m gold medal on Sunday 5 August.
5. Olympics: Rowan Atkinson's Mr Bean Chariots Of Fire sketch in the opening ceremony on Friday 27 July.
6. X Factor: Rylan Clark and Kye Sones' deadlock on Sunday 4 November.
7. Euro 2012: Theo Walcott's goal to bring England level at 2-2 against Sweden, which set up an eventual 3-2 win on 15 June.
8. X Factor: Gary Barlow storming off as Carolynne Poole was voted off in favour of Rylan Clark on Sunday 7 October.
9. Euro 2012: Joleon Lescott's goal to put England 1-0 up against France in the eventual 1-1 draw on Monday 11 June.
10. Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo's goal puts Real Madrid 3-2 up against Manchester City, ultimately resulting in a victory on Tuesday 18 September.