Bruno Mars tops 2011 worldwide digital music chart
Just The Way You Are by Bruno Mars was the biggest-selling digital single of 2011, it has been revealed.
The track sold more than 12 million copies worldwide last year, according to the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI).
Bruno Mars also took second and 10th places in the end of year chart with Grenade and The Lazy Song respectively.
Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO was placed third after topping the singles charts in both the UK and America.
Jennifer Lopez's On The Floor and Adele's Rolling In The Deep completed the top five.
Pitbull was the only artist other than Bruno Mars to appear in the top 10 more than once.
The rapper came seventh with his own single Give Me Everything, but he also appeared as a guest artist on Lopez's On The Floor.
The sales figures were released in the IFPI's annual digital music report.
Single track downloads increased by 11% last year while album downloads were up 24%, the IFPI said.
The number of people paying for digital music subscription services such as Spotify climbed considerably, increasing by 65% to 13.4 million.
The 10 best-selling digital singles of 2011 were:
1. Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are - 12.5 million copies sold worldwide
2. Bruno Mars - Grenade - 10.2m
3. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem - 9.7m
4. Jennifer Lopez feat. Pitbull - On The Floor - 8.4m
5. Adele - Rolling In The Deep - 8.2 m
6. Lady Gaga - Born This Way - 8.2 m
7. Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack and Nayer - Give Me Everything - 8.2m
8. Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Dirty Bit) - 7.3m
9. Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger - 7m
10. Bruno Mars - The Lazy Song - 6.5m