Lily Allen suffers her second miscarriage
Singer Lily Allen has lost her baby six months into her pregnancy, her spokesman has said.
In a statement, a spokesman said: "It is with great sadness that we have to confirm that Lily Allen and Sam Cooper have lost their baby."
The couple have been together since last year.
Two years ago the 25-year-old singer had a miscarriage when she was dating Ed Simons from the Chemical Brothers.
The statement continued: "The couple ask that their privacy be respected and that they be left alone at this deeply distressing time."
Lily Allen had started to wind down her music career in recent months and has set up a vintage clothing business Lucy In Disguise with her sister Sarah Owen.
She performed at the Wireless festival in London in July and was photographed at Paris fashion week last month.
The star announced she was pregnant in August after being given the all-clear at her three-month scan.
Messages of support
Many celebrities have posted messages of support on Twitter.
- Emma Bunton - "Thinking of Lily Allen and her Partner at this very sad time. Sending them lots of love."
- Katy Perry - "Praying for Lily."
- Denise Van Outen - "Such sad news about Lily Allen and Sam. My heart goes out to them."
- Myleene Klass - "Lily Allen and her partner Sam. I am so truly sorry and sad for you both and your family. X"
- Justin Bieber - "Just heard the news. My prayers go out to Lily Allen and her family."
- Katie Price - "I'm so sorry to hear about Lily Allen's news its heart breaking I'm thinking of her I send lots of love and hugs ... "