Entertainment

Media playback is unsupported on your device

Tulisa: They've made me out to be some kind of monster

28 July 2014 Last updated at 06:45 BST

Tulisa Contostavlos has told Newsbeat about how she thought about taking her own life during the last 12 months.

Speaking for the first time since being found guilty of assault and the collapse of a drug trial against her the former N-Dubz singer said: "There was a really low point.

On Friday, Tulisa was found guilty of hitting celebrity blogger Savvas Morgan at the V Festival in Chelmsford, Essex last year. She had denied the accusation.

Four days earlier, the ex N-Dubz singer and former X Factor judge's trial over drug dealing claims collapsed.

Tulisa was speaking to Newsbeat's entertainment reporter Nesta McGregor.

Follow @BBCNewsbeat on Twitter and Radio1Newsbeat on YouTube