Emma Watson attends GQ Men of the Year Awards
Page last updated at 14:41 GMT, Wednesday, 4 September 2013 15:41 UK
- Emma Watson made an appearance at the GQ Men of the Year Awards at The Royal Opera House. The former Harry Potter star proved it wasn't all about the guys as she was named woman of the year.
- Models Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (left) and Daisy Lowe also made appearances at the award show. Other winners included Jason Atherton (chef), Carl Froch (sportsman), Piers Morgan (TV personality) and Tom Ford (designer).
- Arctic Monkeys were named best band at the ceremony. Their fifth studio album, AM, is set for release on 9 September.
- Comedian Russell Brand also attended the award show. The 38-year-old was given the Oracle prize at the event. He said: "I'm here because there's an obligation to generate publicity for the tour I'm on."
- Jessie J was also at the GQ Men of the Year Awards. The 25-year-old recently said she didn't know whether there was a future for The Voice. The singer quit the show in July because of her work schedule, Danny O'Donoghue from The Script left weeks later.
- Radio 1's Nick Grimshaw was also among the winners at the event. The breakfast show host was given the radio personality award and joked about losing a million listeners since taking over the breakfast show.
- Samuel L. Jackson gave the legend award to Michael Douglas. The Wall Street actor put his alleged marriage woes with Catherine Zeta-Jones behind him, saying he was "really touched" as he accepted his award.
- Amir Khan (left) and his wife Faryal, Noel Gallagher and Sarah McDonald, Pharrell Williams (right) and Helen Lasichanh were also at the ceremony. Williams picked up the performer award. Pharrell said there would be some more NERD stuff "in the future", because he had "to do a couple of things first".
- Hot Right Now singer Rita Ora was also at the ceremony in Covent Garden. Boris Johnson (politician), Sir Bobby Charlton (lifetime achievement), Charles Moore (writer) and Lou Reed (inspiration) were also among the winners at the event.
- Simon Pegg and Nick Frost were presented with their GQ comedy award by Pegg's co-star in Star Trek - Alice Eve. The award also went to Edgar Wright. Simon Pegg said he had no plans to try to get a role in the new Star Wars movie because he wants to "enjoy it as a fan".
- Claudia Winkleman, Victoria Coren, David Mitchell and Eddie Redmayne all put in appearances. The 31-year-old Les Miserables actor (right) won the breakthrough award.
- Musicians Tom Odell, Pixie Lott and Miles Kane all put in appearances. Pixie Lott revealed that she was a perfectionist, which was why it had taken her a while to release new music. Odell said he was "looking forward to just touring my album" especially in America.
- Thor actor Tom Hiddleston, Doctor Who star Matt Smith, his sister Laura and Louise Redknapp completed the line-up on the red carpet. Hiddleston announced Emma Watson's woman award on stage at London's Royal Opera House.