In pictures: Day one at Reading and Leeds Festival
Page last updated at 10:49 GMT, Saturday, 24 August 2013 11:49 UK
- The rain poured during Biffy Clyro's Leeds set, which they finished with their track Mountains. They'll close Reading Festival on Sunday night on the main stage.
- Azealia Banks went on Twitter after her Leeds performance to say the festival was "amazing". Before her set she instagrammed a picture of her purple outfit, which featured a picture of a cat.
- Green Day played hits including American Idiot and Boulevard of Broken Dreams as they headlined the first night at Reading. Frontman Billie Joe Armstrong ended their set alone on stage singing Good Riddance (Time of your Life).
- ASAP Rocky was one of the many artists to play Reading on Friday. He was joined on the Radio1/NME Stage line-up by Bastille, Frightened Rabbit and Skrillex.
- AlunaGeorge played the Radio 1/NME Stage at Leeds on Friday. Later on in the evening Aluna went back in front of the crowds to perform with Disclosure.
- The Lumineers got the crowd going in Leeds with their hit Ho Hey. "It's been a really amazing festival season for us because we got to play Coachella and Glastonbury," they said. "For our first time out for a festival season we got really, really good slots."
- Kodaline played Reading Festival on Friday. After their set the band tweeted: "Reading Festival was amazing today, overwhelmed with the size of the crowd. Can't wait for Leeds 2moro.. @OfficialRandL bring it xx"
- In addition to playing Reading's main stage on Friday, Bring Me the Horizon also confirmed a UK tour starting in October. They will visit cities including Glasgow, London and Birmingham. You can see more photos of Reading and Leeds at http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ezc5d4/photos.