In pictures: True Blood series six has Hollywood premiere
Page last updated at 16:04 GMT, Wednesday, 12 June 2013 17:04 UK
- Husband and wife Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer (Sookie Stackhouse and Bill Compton) attend the series six premiere of True Blood in Hollywood. The couple had twins in September and British actor Moyer directed the first episode. The new season is due to air on Fox in the autumn although it's being shown in the US from 16 June.
- Rutger Hauer (centre) joins the cast as a vampire called Warlow. Kristin Bauer van Straten and Alexander Skarsgard return as vampires Pam Swynford De Beaufort and Eric Northman. Skarsgard says he can't believe the show has lasted so long: "I just enjoyed every moment of it. And cut to six years later we are still here."
- Deborah Ann Woll plays Jessica Hamby, Nelsan Ellis is Lafayette Reynolds and Rutina Wesley is Tara Thornton. Wesley, who plays Sookie's best friend and recent vampire convert Tara, says fans can get a bit full on: "I let one lady pretend to bite me. She actually had pretend fangs. She put them in and she dipped me and went for my neck and I was like 'We're acting here let's just pretend.'"
- Carrie Preston returns as Arlene Fowler, Ryan Kwanten is Sookie's brother Jason Stackhouse and Courtney Ford plays Portia Bellefleur.
- Lauren Bowles plays Holly Cleary, Chris Bauer is Andy Bellefleur and Anna Camp plays scorned preachers' wife Sarah Newlin. She said: "It's weird having your parents watch the show. I've warned them already when there is an episode that they need to be a little more careful of."
- Joe Manganiello (Alcide Herveaux), Sam Trammell (Sam Merlotte) and Janina Gavankar (Luna Garza) all return. Trammell, who plays shape-shifting barman Sam, says he sometimes gets weird requests from fans: "People are usually not too crazy but every once in a while you'll get, 'Can I have a kiss?' or 'Will you sign my bosom?'"
- Jessica Clark (left) portrays the vampire Lilith and Jurnee Smollett-Bell (right) plays young activist Nicole Wright. Smash actress Katharine McPhee (centre) was also at the premiere at LA's ArcLight Cinemas complex.