Louis Walsh to form new boy band to rival One Direction
X Factor judge Louis Walsh has announced that he's forming a new boy band, which he hopes will rival One Direction in the charts.
The music manager will hold auditions in Ireland next weekend for five male singers to become the next big act.
Walsh, who started the careers of Boyzone and Westlife, says he already has a record company on side to launch the group.
"It has been 12 years since I did auditions for a boy band," he said.
"It's boys over 16 from anywhere, any nationality, but they must be prepared to work hard. Vocals are key.
"I'm looking for five pop stars and I have a major record company and a high profile UK partner."
Auditions for 16 to 25-year-olds will take place next Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, May 19-21, from noon at The Button Factory in Temple Bar, Dublin.
Walsh, who will return as a judge for the 10th series of the X Factor this year, is also managing former Westlife frontman Shane Filan, who has signed a solo record deal.
One Direction were formed on the X Factor in 2010. Since then their debut album has reached number one in 15 countries.
Each member earned £5 million last year, according to a young music rich list.
Follow @BBCNewsbeat on Twitter