In pictures: Avengers big winners at MTV Movie Awards
Page last updated at 08:22 GMT, Monday, 15 April 2013 09:22 UK
- Actors Samuel L. Jackson and Tom Hiddleston, director Joss Whedon and actor Chris Evans, were winners of movie of the year for Marvel's The Avengers at this year's MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California. It also won best fight and best villain for Tom Hiddleston.
- Actor Brad Pitt waves before announcing the movie of the year award. Other presenters included Kim Kardashian and Melissa McCarthy.
- Harry Potter actress Emma Watson was the winner of the MTV Trailblazer Award. She will star in new film The Bling Ring this summer. Bradley Cooper won the first prize of the night for his performance in Silver Linings Playbook.
- Actor Taylor Lautner accepts the best shirtless performance award from actors Seth Rogen and Zac Efron. Jamie Foxx was a double winner sharing the best WTF moment award with Samuel L. Jackson for Django Unchained and the generation award.
- Musicians Macklemore and Ryan Lewis pose in the press room during the awards. Selena Gomez debuted her new song Come and Get It with a Bollywood-inspired performance.
- Actress/show host Rebel Wilson accepts the breakthrough performance award from actors Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez on stage. Other presenters included Chris Pine, Zoe Saldana and Zachary Quinto from the Star Trek sequel.
- Wilson then posed with her three awards for breakthrough moment, best musical moment and hosting the show.
- Actor Liam Hemsworth introduced a clip from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire at the show. The awards also included new footage from next month's Iron Man 3 film.
- Will Ferrell wore a three-piece suit covered in dollar bills to accept the comedic genius award from Game of Thrones star Peter Dinklage. He said: "For those of you sitting here tonight who don't think I'm funny, I'll be happy to fight you in the parking lot after the show."
- Actress Kerry Washington gets caught up in the train of her dress as she arrives at the event. The date of this year's awards was moved from June to April so more Hollywood blockbusters could be included.