In pictures: Brit Awards 2013 red carpet arrivals
Page last updated at 10:16 GMT, Thursday, 21 February 2013
- Little Mix, who are currently on tour, arrived at the Brits ceremony together. Despite releasing their debut album in the qualifying period, Little Mix failed to receive any nominations at this year's awards.
- Paloma Faith and Jessie Ware both walked the red carpet. Jessie Ware was beaten to the British breakthrough act award by Ben Howard.
- Jessie J, who is due to shave her hair off for Comic Relief, wore a long black outfit for the event. Laura Mvula, who was nominated the critics' choice category, chose a long white coat.
- Emeli Sande and Ben Howard were the big winners of the evening. Emeli Sande won best British female solo artist, while Our Version of Events picked up British album of the year. In addition to getting British breakthrough artist, Ben Howard also received the prize for best British male solo artist.
- Rita Ora lost out to Ben Howard in the breakthrough category. Zoe Hardman, who presents the Take Me Out spin-off show, The Gossip on ITV2, walked the red carpet in a purple and yellow dress.
- One Direction wore co-ordinating black suits and white shirts to the Brit Awards. They later received a prize for their global success in 2012, recognising the volume of international sales of their music.
- Justin Timberlake and Rizzle Kicks were also suited up for their arrivals. Justin Timberlake went on to perform his track Mirrors at the ceremony.
- Amy Winehouse's father Mitch wore a shirt with the singer's face printed on the back. Amy Winehouse died in 2011 from alcohol poisoning. Talking about the awards, Mitch said: "It's just the best in the world and Amy was right at the forefront of that. So, it's very exciting."
- Xtra Factor presenter Caroline Flack, former Bond actress Berenice Marlohe and British film star Gemma Arterton went for very different dresses at the event.
- Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters was joined by band member Pat Smear (left) and Sound City guitarist and Cheap Trick member Rick Nielsen (right).