Show featuring Oscar Pistorius's dead girlfriend to air
Page last updated at 10:06 GMT, Thursday, 14 February 2013
- SABC television has confirmed it will air a reality TV show in South Africa featuring Reeva Steenkamp. The model, who was found dead at the home of Oscar Pistorius last Thursday (14 February), was a contestant on The Tropika Island of Treasure. Producers say the episode will be dedicated to her memory.
- An application for bail was postponed until next Tuesday (19 February) when paralympic champion Oscar Pistorius appeared in court in South Africa. He's charged with murdering his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.
- The sprinter was arrested last Thursday (14 February) after the fatal shooting at their home in Pretoria, South Africa. Some details of both the case against the 26-year-old, and his defence, were revealed in court.
- According to her Twitter profile, Reeva Steenkamp was a model, cover girl and law graduate. "What do you have up your sleeve for your love tomorrow??? #getexcited #ValentinesDay," she tweeted yesterday.
- Police spokeswoman Lt Col Katlego Mogale said police were called to Oscar Pistorius's home early on Thursday (14 February). "Paramedics declared the woman dead on the scene and police proceeded with their investigation. The woman sustained wounds to her head and the upper body."
- Oscar Pistorius is known as the Blade Runner because of the special prosthetics he uses for racing. He made history at the London 2012 Olympics when he became the first amputee sprinter to compete.
- The Johannesburg-born athlete, was born without fibulas in his legs and had the limbs amputated below the knee when he was 11 months old. He won a legal battle with the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) in 2008 for the right to compete using his blades in able-bodied competitions.