In pictures: Beyonce and Destiny's Child at Super Bowl
Page last updated at 07:55 GMT, Monday, 4 February 2013
- Beyonce reunited with Destiny's Child bandmates Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams to perform at the Super Bowl half-time show. They entertained the crowd, who were in New Orleans to watch the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens compete for the NFL title.
- Beyonce started off the show solo, performing hits including Crazy In Love, Halo and Single Ladies. The singer had been criticised last week, for lip-syncing during her rendition of the American national anthem, at President Barack Obama's inauguration. This time she sung live.
- More than 100 million American people tuned in to watch the Super Bowl on television, while the audience in the Superdome topped 70,000. The game is one of the highlights of the sporting year in the US and regularly attracts one of the highest viewing figures.
- Destiny's Child performed songs including Independent Women. Michelle and Kelly were first seen jumping on to the stage for the opening of Bootylicious. Last month Beyonce announced that Destiny's Child are to release a compilation album including one new track.
- Beyonce's performance included complicated choreography along with a troupe of backing dancers. "Thank you for this moment," she told the crowd from the stage. "God bless y'all."
- Jennifer Hudson was joined on the field before the game by children from the Sandy Hook Elementary School chorus who sang American the Beautiful with her. The students wore green ribbons on their shirts in honour of the 20 pupils and six adults who were killed in a mass shooting in Connecticut on 14 December 2012.
- Alicia Keys also appeared at the event, singing The Star Spangled Banner, while accompanying herself on the piano. Her publicist assured people before the show that she would be performing live.