Lindsay Lohan car crash trial date set in Los Angeles

Lindsay Lohan
Lindsay Lohan attends a pre-trial hearing in Los Angeles

A judge in Los Angeles has set the date for Lindsay Lohan to go on trial following her car crash last June.

The Liz & Dick star faces three charges after her sports car crashed into a truck on the Pacific Coast Highway.

The star appeared in court wearing a black dress and spoke only to confirm that she was changing her lawyer to New York attorney Mark Heller.

Lindsay Lohan has pleaded not guilty to lying to police, reckless driving and obstructing officers from their duties.

Lindsay Lohan
The actress arriving at court on Thursday

A trial date of 18 March has been set, as well as another hearing on 1 March that the actress is not required to attend in person.

At the time of the crash, authorities said they believed she was lying when she said she was not the one who was behind the wheel.

Lindsay Lohan had been on probation for theft at the time.

Superior court judge Stephanie Sautner had previously warned her that she could be sentenced to 245 days in jail if she did not behave.

Lindsay Lohan and mum Dina
The 26-year-old arriving at court hearing with her mother, Dina

In March, she released the star from supervised probation but told her to stop partying and grow up.

"You need to live your life in a more mature way, stop the nightclubbing and focus on your work," she told Lohan.

The reprimand came after the judge conducted several monthly updates with the actress.

Lindsay Lohan was required to clean a morgue in order to complete her sentence for her 2007 drink-driving case.

Follow @BBCNewsbeat on Twitter