In pictures: Stars at Screen Actors Guild Awards
Page last updated at 09:03 GMT, Monday, 28 January 2013
- Silver Linings Playbook co-star Robert De Niro presents Jennifer Lawrence with the prize for best actress at the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards. The ceremony took place at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.
- Justin Timberlake signs autographs on the red carpet as he arrives at the event. He later presented the best supporting actress in a drama award to Anne Hathaway for her role in Les Miserables.
- Hugh Jackman joined Les Miserables co-star Anne Hathaway on the red carpet. Picking up her award, Anne Hathaway said: "I have loved every single minute of my life as an actor, and I have been the recipient of so much kindness and support from actors in this room and out of it. Thank you for nominating me alongside incredible women and incredible performances."
- Downton Abbey won the outstanding performance award for an ensemble cast in a drama. "Laura Carmichael and I, who plays Edith Crawley were out one evening in New York and we ran into some fans and the two of us were in jeans and leather jackets and they could barely look at us both because they were appalled we were in modern clothes and not in fancy dresses," said Michelle Dockery (second left).
- Both Daniel Day-Lewis and Claire Danes won awards for their acting. Day-Lewis won for his role portraying the American president in Lincoln, while Claire Danes was recognised for playing CIA agent Carrie Mathison.
- Argo, directed and starring Ben Affleck, picked up the SAG award for outstanding performance by an ensemble cast in a film. "To me this has nothing to do with me it has to do with the incredible people who were in this movie," he said.
- Damian Lewis presents Tina Fey with the award for outstanding female performance by a female in a comedy series. Her 30 Rock co-star Alec Baldwin also won the same award for male performers.
- Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston was recognised with a trophy for outstanding performance by a male actor in a drama series. "Oooh, It is so good to be bad. I am so pleased and so honoured to receive this award," he said.
- Best known for his role as Bert the chimney sweep in Mary Poppins, Dick Van Dyke was given given the lifetime achievement award. The actor, who has also starred in The Dick Van Dyke Show and Diagnosis Murder, joked: "Aren't we lucky that we found a line of work that doesn't require growing up?" The audience gave him a long standing ovation as he accepted the award.