Hunger Games wins six People's Choice Awards 2013
Page last updated at 07:52 GMT, Thursday, 10 January 2013
- Taylor Swift, who was voted favourite country artist, presented The Hunger Games cast with the award for favourite movie. The film also won favourite action movie, best on-screen chemistry and favourite movie franchise. Star Jennifer Lawrence was named the "face of heroism" as well as favourite movie actress.
- The Wanted were chosen as favourite breakout artists. "This never happens to us," said Max George. "We've never won anything before. So obviously we need to just thank the fans." Band-mate Nathan Sykes joked: "It was a bet wasn't it? Because we said, if we win, we'll do something stupid. We thought we'd get away with it."
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, starring Emma Watson and Ezra Miller, won the dramatic movie award. "To know that we're receiving the award because the most number of people clicked on our little film because they loved it the most," said Watson. "It really changes how you feel about it." She also won favourite dramatic actress.
- As well as performing at the awards ceremony, Christina Aguilera also won the people's voice trophy. Other artists picking up prizes included One Direction for favourite song and favourite album, Nicki Minaj for favourite hip-hop artist and Rihanna for favourite R&B artist.
- Jennifer Aniston was voted favourite comedic actress. "I love the people, I really do," she said. "I cannot thank you enough for allowing me to be honoured with this, again. And after supporting me for almost 20 years and allowing me to keep doing this."
- The Big Bang Theory cast were in attendance as the show was awarded favourite network TV comedy programme. Other shows picking up trophies included True Blood, Awkward and Supernatural.
- Grey's Anatomy actress Ellen Pompeo won an award for her role in the show. The programme was also voted favourite network TV drama.
- Glee stars Chris Colfer and Lea Michele won the awards for comedic TV actor and actress respectively. Daytime television host Ellen DeGeneres also took a trophy home.