Sports stars pick their favourite 2012 sporting moments
Page last updated at 01:00 GMT, Saturday, 29 December 2012
- Four-time 2012 Paralympic gold medallist David Weir has described Bradley Wiggins winning the Tour De France as "inspiring". He said: " I was in Portugal at a training camp at the time, rushing to watch it on TV. [It was] definitely my highlight of the year."
- Cyclist Victoria Pendleton also highlights Bradley Wiggins' Tour De France win but opts for Anna Watkins and Kath Grainger's gold in the rowing instead. " It really inspired me knowing them and what they went through," she said.
- Watching Usain Bolt win his gold medals at the London Olympics and break another world record was long-distance track runner Mo Farah's sporting moment of 2012. He said: " When he did the Mobot as he crossed the line, that was pretty special. "
- Ellie Simmonds, who won two gold medals in this year's Paralympics for swimming, has picked out Mo Farah winning his second gold medal in the 5,000 metres. " I was watching at home with my family and we were all screaming at the TV," she said.
- England manager Roy Hodgson told us his sporting highlight came at the Ryder Cup. " When Ian Poulter sunk one of his monster putts to bring the Ryder Cup back to Europe from the USA. I’ll pick that one," he said.
- " The grit and effort it took for him to get four gold medals was stunning, " said Jonnie Peacock (left) about his fellow Paralympics GB team mate David Weir. "It was a standout performance."
- Taekwondo gold medallist Jade Jones was left in awe by the performance of Jessica Ennis at London 2012. " I watched it before I fought. She had so much pressure on her but handled it brilliantly," she said.
- " For me it’s not a sporting moment, but the opening ceremony of the Olympics," said rowing gold medallist Kath Grainger. " It showed all the pride, hope and opportunity in one go. "