Final Twilight film has its premiere in Los Angeles
Page last updated at 10:48 GMT, Tuesday, 13 November 2012
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson appeared in public together at the Hollywood premiere of the final Twilight film, Breaking Dawn: Part 2. Pattinson said: "It's incredibly strange, because I get asked 'oh, so this is it now.' I kind of feel like people have been saying 'see you in three months' after every single one of the premieres."
- Robert Pattinson, who plays Edward in the films, wore a green Gucci suit to the premiere. "What other movie has this premiere about 20 times for the same movie? It's crazy. I don't think I'm ever going to experience this again," he said.
- Kristen Stewart, who plays Bella and was wearing a strapless nude Zuhair Murad dress, said she expected fans would find a way to keep Twilight alive even after the final film. "I carry every character I've ever played with me," she said. "In this case, I had Bella for five years, so that's made an enormous mark."
- Twilight author Stephenie Meyer (second right) joined the cast on the red carpet. She said: "It's really been great to watch them grow up, particularly Kristen because her character gets to evolve so much in this film."
- Taylor Lautner, who plays Jacob Black, said he was feeling sad and emotional. "There's a lot of things going on inside of me right now but I'm just trying to soak up every moment because this means the world to me."
- Ashley Greene (right), who plays Alice, said the series had changed her life: "I was working at a restaurant and I got this job and a week later there were write-ups on me and fan sites. And that stuff just doesn't happen." She was accompanied by co-stars Nikki Reed and Kellan Lutz, who play Rosalie and Emmett.
- Elizabeth Reaser (left) plays Esme. Speaking about Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson she said: "I've known them from the very beginning. I've seen everything around us get very insane and everything around them get crazy. And I've watched Kristen just become a woman and I really admired how she's handled it." Peter Facinelli (Carlisle) and Jackson Rathbone (Jasper) also attended.
- Kristen Stewart also praised 12-year-old Mackenzie Foy (left), who plays her daughter Renesmee in the film. "She was very young," she said. "I was close to her age as well when I started, so I could totally feel her on that." Dakota Fanning (right), who plays Jane, decided not to wear heels.
- Michael Sheen plays Aro. He said: "You can't feel sad being here, this is amazing, to see so many people going crazy. It's wonderful. I'll maybe be sad tomorrow when it's all over, maybe, when I'm in a gutter somewhere with my red eyes in again, going 'hello, I was in Twilight,' then I'll be sad."
- Billy Burke plays Bella's father, Charlie Swan. Director Bill Condon was also on the red carpet as were singer Stevie Nicks and child actor Billy Wagenseller, who plays Vasilii. Breaking Dawn: Part 2 is released in UK cinemas on 16 November.