Moyles debuts as King Herod in Jesus Christ Superstar
Page last updated at 18:38 GMT, Saturday, 22 September 2012 19:38 UK
- Chris Moyles made his debut as King Herod in the updated version of Jesus Christ Superstar. The cast also includes comic Tim Minchin as Judas Iscariot and former Spice Girl Melanie C as Mary Magdalene.
- Chris Moyles who left his Radio 1 breakfast show last week, plays the character King Herod. A "Jeremy Kyle-style" TV presenter who confronts Jesus on his chat show Hark! With Herod.
- Ben Forster plays the role of Jesus. He won ITV1's Superstar programme. Melanie C, pictured, was also a judge on the show with Jason Donovan and Dawn French who both attended the opening night.
- Amanda Holden hosted the ITV1 show Superstar. She says Ben Forster has "something special".
- The Voice singer Tyler James came to watch the show. It opened at the O2 arena in London and is set to go on a nationwide tour.
- The cast received a standing ovation at the close of the show, and the cheers grew even louder when Andrew Lloyd Webber, who co-wrote the production, walked on to the stage.